1-855-962-7569 Let’s Connect

Maslow Insights

Thought Leadership

03.22.2021

Canada Job Grants Information

Canada’s Provinces and Territories have created Employee Training Grants with the goal to help Canadian’s access skills training programs needed to adapt to the changing requirements of the labour market. Since the COVID-19 pandemic, the need to update skills is even more important. Each province provides different models, and different levels of funding.

If you’re thinking about upgrading your skills and believe coaching can benefit your organization, please visit your relevant provincial or territorial link to find out more about eligibility, funding opportunities and more.  

The Canada-Alberta Job Grant is a training program where an employer applies on behalf of their present or future employees for eligible training. Employers contribute one-third, and the Government contributes two-thirds, to a maximum of $10,000 per trainee per fiscal year. As of February 18, 2021, this program has expanded eligibility requirements both temporarily and permanently. Visit their website for more information.

Under the Canada- British Columbia Workforce Training Stream, employers may receive 60 percent of eligible training costs, up to a maximum of $5,000 per trainee per fiscal year. The employer is required to contribute the remaining 40 percent. Visit their website for more information.

The Canada- Manitoba Job Grant is a training program where an employer applies on behalf of their present or future employees for eligible training. Employers contribute a minimum of one-third of the training costs and may receive up to $10,000 per trainee. Visit their website for more information.

The Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador Job Grant is a training program where the employer applies on behalf of their present or future employees for eligible training. Employers contribute at least one-third of the training costs and may receive up to $10,000 per year for an existing employee, and up to $15,000 for an unemployed trainee. Visit their website for more information.

The Canada-New Brunswick Job Grant is a training program where the employer applies on behalf of their current employee or owner of a business, or a potential employee. Two levels of funding are available: Level 1 provides 50% reimbursement of training costs, and Level 2 provides 25% reimbursement of training costs, to a maximum of $40,000 per trainee per fiscal year. Visit their website for more information.

The Canada-Northwest Territories Job Grant is a training program where the employers apply on behalf of current or future employees to receive two-thirds of the training costs up to $10,000 per trainee. Visit their website for more information.

Nova Scotia provides a Workplace Innovation and Productivity Skills Incentive, where small businesses may be eligible for up to 100% reimbursement of training costs up to $10,000 and for large businesses up to 50% reimbursement of training costs. Visit their website for more information.

The Canada-Nunavut Job Grant is designed for small employers (50 or fewer employees) who are eligible for $10,000 per trainee. Visit their website for more information.

The Canada-Ontario Job Grant provides financial support to small, medium and large businesses. Employers with 100 or more employees must contribute one-half of the training costs, and employers with less than 100 employees must contribute one-sixth of the training costs. Grants are available for up to a maximum of $10,000 per trainee. Visit their website for more information.

The Canada PEI Workplace Skills Training provides funding for up to 50% of direct training costs. Visit their website for more information.

The Canada-Saskatchewan Job Grant is an employer-driven program where the employer contributes one-third of the training cost, and government provides the remaining two-thirds up to $10,000 per trainee. Visit their website for more information.